Facebook is a name which every person takes numerous times a day. No matter what your gender, age, status, or occupation is, having a Facebook account has become must to stay connected with the outer world, both personally and professionally. It is the common platform to witness the globally performed activities. It is best to share your thoughts, pictures and everything comes to your mind to the world’s largest community.
With Facebook, the security and privacy of Facebook depends on many factors, the major factor is setting a strong password to check unauthorized access on your Facebook account. Here are few tips to setup password for Facebook:
- Use a unique and unpredictable combination or letters and characters.
- Activate TFN and other additional security measures.
- Keep your recovery methods up-to-date.
- Do not share your password with anyone.
Even after setting up a strong password, many of the times, login becomes difficult and this is the time when resetting your password is required. In order to reset the password in a simple manner, try the below-given methods which are verified by the Facebook support.
Reset Password using Default Email ID:
To create a Facebook account, you must have an email id or phone number to verify your identity. The email you use to register your Facebook account, further help you reset your password. If you want to recover your password using your email id, you can try the below-given step:
- Open Facebook.com on your browser and open the login page.
- Select “Forgot Password” link on the login page.
- Now on the prompted screen, you will see the password recovery options. Now, you need to enter your email id password to log in.
- You will be asked to log in to your email account through a pop-up message. Now, you will be able to login to your Facebook account using your email account.
Reset Password using Recovery Email:
If you want to reset your password using your Facebook password using recovery email id which is also known as an alternative email id, you can try to reset a password using the below-given steps:
- Go to the login screen of Facebook and click on Forgot password link.
- From the recovery options select “Email me a link to reset my password” and hit Continue.
- You will receive a verification code on your email id, enter the code to log in.
- Select the “Change password”
- Create a new password and confirm
Now, you can log in to your account with the newly created password.
Reset Facebook Password using the Phone Number:
- Open the Facebook login page on your web browser.
- Select the Forgot Password link on the prompt
- Now from the list of recovery options, select “get a code from my smartphone”.
- Enter the verification code you receive on your phone.
- Recreate your password and confirm it by re-entering.
- Log in to your Facebook password with the newly created password.
If none of the above-mentioned methods works for you, try calling Facebook customer service number for the appropriate solution.