Password errors are the major concern for all web-mail users and the case is same with Yahoo email operators. Though Yahoo is a multi-purpose webmail service provider, without an authentic Yahoo ID and correct password, the services offered by Yahoo Inc. cannot be availed. But this piece of writing is a panacea for all your password related concern such as “I forgot my Yahoo password” or hacked Yahoo account.
Before diving deep into the password recovery process, let me tell you that changing the password and resetting it is an altogether different thing. Changing the password is required when you don’t think it is secure enough or too hard to remember. You must also change the password when you think someone apart from you also knows it. This makes your account more secure and if someone has access to your account, he will automatically lose it.
So first let’s know about how to change the Yahoo mail password.
Note- To change the password, you must have access to your account otherwise it is not possible.
Here are some simple steps using which you can change the Yahoo password:
- First, you need to login to your Yahoo account.
- At the top of the active page, you will see the option ‘Account Info’, click on it.
- Now, on the left side of the ‘Personal Info’ page, click on ‘Account Security’ option.
- Click on the ‘Change Password’ option given in the ‘How you sign in’ section.
- Now, you have to type a new and rather strong password in the given box and do it twice for confirmation. You can double-check the password by clicking the option ‘Show Password’.
- Press ‘Continue’ and Voila! The password has been successfully changed.
Now, let’s see all the possible password recovery methods for Yahoo email account.
Basic Steps of Yahoo Password Recovery
The Yahoo sign-in page has a recovery option which let you retrieve lost, misplaced or hacked Yahoo account password with a few simple steps.
Here is how you can recover Yahoo password:
- Open your web browser and go to the Yahoo login page.
- Click Sign-in link.
- Hit the “Difficulty in signing in” option.
- Choose from the three given options:
- Sign-in email address or mobile number
- Recovery phone number
- Recovery email address
- Type your registered Yahoo email address or phone number.
- Click Continue.
- Choose the recovery option
- Verify your identity.
- Reset your password.
Now lets’ see how you can use the three recovery options:
Recover Yahoo password using Phone Number:
This is the most authentic way to retrieve Yahoo password without an email address or security question. Furthermore, there is no hassle associated with this mode of recovery. So, let’s further discuss the steps to recreate a password using phone number:
- Open the Yahoo sign-in helper.
- Enter the Yahoo email or registered phone number.
- After entering your phone number, you can see the last two digits of your phone number.
- Hit the “Text me code button”.
- Now you will receive the verification code on your registered number.
- Click verify and wait for few seconds.
- You will be redirected to reset yahoo password.
- Create a new password and re-type it to confirm.
- Login with the newly created password.
Recover Yahoo email password with alternative email address:
If you don’t have the phone number associated with your Yahoo email account, you can use the alternate or recovery email id to create a new Yahoo password.
- Firstly go to the Yahoo login page.
- Enter your Yahoo email address and click “Difficulty in signing in”.
- You can see your registered phone number on the screen.
- Choose No, I can’t receive a text.
- The alternate email address will appear on your screen.
- Make sure that email address is accessible by signing in and then click “Recover access to your Yahoo account”.
- You will receive an email with a verification code on your alternate email address.
- Now provide the verification code you have received and click Submit.
- You will be redirected to reset Yahoo account password page.
- Create a new password and re-enter to confirm.
- Login with the newly created password.
Recover Yahoo password without phone number or email address:
The sad part of the Yahoo password recovery process is you cannot reset the password if you don’t have a recovery phone number or email address linked to your Yahoo account. To receive the verification code, it is a must to have access to one of the recovery options and only then you will be able to reset the password.
Important Note: Currently, one cannot Recover Yahoo Password with Security Question, Yahoo has disabled this recovery option. So the secret question you have created while registration is no longer in use. So, only registered a phone number or an alternate email id can help you regain access to your Yahoo email account.
Few important tips:
- Make sure you update your recovery options from time to time.
- Do not share your password with anyone as it can lead to compromised Yahoo account.
- It is important to keep your password in a safe place.
- Clear your Yahoo email account from spam.
- You can also keep in touch with Yahoo account security page to stay regularly updated with the security resources on Yahoo.
- You can also add an additional layer of security by setting up Yahoo Account Key that doesn’t require a password to sign in. You just need to approve access to your account using your phone.
- Another security tip is that you can enable the two-step verification process that involves entering the password followed by a verification code that you receive on your phone.
Yahoo Live Chat
When the recovery options are no longer accessible, it becomes a hassle to recover or reset the Yahoo account password which leads you to the state of disappointment. Users often miss verifying the phone number while registering for Yahoo email account and thus password recovery becomes a hassle.
The best way out of this problem is to take the help of Yahoo specialists via Yahoo Live Chat support option. The Yahoo experts provide detailed help for all the services of Yahoo that include Yahoo Sports, Finance, Homepage, etc. This is the best and the only live support option provided by Yahoo. Also, the option is always accessible round the clock. Hence you can reach out to the experts anytime you face any issues with Yahoo.