If you are a regular Outlook user and use it every day to keep a check on your emails as well as maintain your schedules, then you will also feel a need to connect your AOL email account to Outlook so as to make it convenient for you to access all the emails at one place. The good news is you can easily add AOL to the existing list of Outlook email accounts. To connect AOL to Outlook, you can also avail the direct help through AOL Customer Service.
Also if you want to access your AOL incoming emails using Outlook, then follow the given steps:
- Open your Outlook account and click on the settings icon.
- Now click on ‘Connected Accounts’ option.
- Now under ‘Add a connected account, click on ‘Other email accounts’ option.
- This will open the ‘Connect your email account’ window. Here you have to enter your AOL email address and password.
- Now from the options given, you can either create a new folder for your AOL messages or you can also place the AOL messages in the existing folder and then click on ‘Ok’.
- After successfully completing this, you will receive a message saying your account is now connected to Outlook. Your AOL emails will now be imported.
- If there are a number of emails to download then this process can take some time. However, you can close your browser and the process will complete on its own.
- After this, your AOL email address will appear among the inbox folders in the Outlook.com email page.
You can also use AOL mail to send emails. Firstly, compose a message and click on the ‘From’ address field and then enter your AOL email address.
If you want to set your AOL email account as the default outgoing email account, then follow the given steps:
- Click on the Mail settings option.
- From the menu, click on the connected accounts.
- Now in the connected accounts window, click on ‘Change your address’ under the ‘From address’ section.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select your AOL email address.
- The emails you send from Outlook.com using AOL account can be viewed in AOL account and when you will import them they will appear in Outlook.
You can also call at the AOL Support Number to get support for this purpose. There is another way to connect your AOL account to Outlook which is as follows:
- Click on the file menu and then account settings.
- Click on the ‘New’ option under the email heading.
- Now select the icon for ‘Manual setup or additional server types’.
- Click on ‘Next’ and then select POP or IMAP.
- Now in the ‘Add account’ window, enter the required information such as Your Name ’, ‘AOL email addresses, and ‘Server information’.
- Enter the AOL email address and password in the ‘Add Account’ section.
- Now click on ‘More Settings’ and select the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab.
- You have to check the box saying ‘My outgoing server requires authentication’.
- In the advanced settings of email, enter 587 in the Outgoing server field.
- Save the changes and then click ‘next’ on the ‘Add account’ window.
- You will receive a confirmation message from Outlook.
- Click ‘Finish’ and then ‘Close all the windows.
In case you face any difficulty while connecting your AOL account to Outlook then call at the AOL Help Number. The technical experts will help you in resolving all the technical issues with AOL Customer Service.